Search This Blog

Thursday 5 November 2015

Thursday Quotables #13: A Mad Zombie Party



Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This feature is the place where you highlight a great quote, line or passage you've discovered in a book you're currently reading. Whether it's something heart-warming, heart-breaking, funny or inspiring, Thursday Quotables is where my favourite line(s) of the week will be, and I invite you to join in! It's hosted by Lisa at BookShelf Fantasies, so be sure to check her out :)

The book I'm reading this week is A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter. It's the final in a four-book series about a group of bad-ass teenagers who hunt and destroy zombies, with some HAWT and steamy romance thrown in. Just as amazing as the other three books in the series, I'm so sad it's over! *sob sob*

24893241

First, a quote I really like about scars, which is something I've always felt self-conscious about:

"Scars speak for you. They say you're strong, and you've survived something that might have killed others."

I love this because it makes me feel good and confident about scars when before all I wanted was for them to disappear.

And a great quote about peace:

"And the peace! The most magnificent peace. I lose myself in a place where time no longer exists and nothing is impossible. I can do anything I imagine. I can fight and win any war. Nothing frightens me, because I know I'm here for a reason; and I'm not alone. I have friends in high places. Friends here. Friends up there. Victory is mine."

I love this because I think if anyone repeats this to themselves when they're feeling low, you can achieve and do anything you want. 

Have you read this book? What quotes grasped your heartstrings this week? Let me know in the comments below!

16 comments:

  1. I love this series! This book was great and I love the quotes you picked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it amazing?? What a great end to a wonderful series. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  2. I have never read this series but I might just gonna try. I really like the quote about the scars and if I might say, I agree with it completely, even while reading TID about Sophia, I think scars are beautiful, they tell the story, so if you have any wear them with a pride! ;)

    HannahCassie @ http://psilovethatbook.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do please! The first book is called Alice in Zombieland, and it's absolutely incredible! I totally agree, now I want to show off my scars with pride, not embarrassment.

      Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  3. I love the quite about scars. It's true. I've gotten quite a few scars over my short life and this quote makes me feel good about them.


    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I feel the same, Carrie! Show them off with pride now :)

      Delete
  4. Two lovely quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quotes, especially the one about scars. So true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really going to take the first one on board as well, and show them off instead of hiding them now :P

      Delete
  6. These are really good quotes. But as much as I like the second, I think my favourte is the first. I don't know, I think it relates to so many people.

    Here's mine http://theoldshelter.com/thursday-quotables-the-obliteration-machine/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sarah! Yes I think so too, its my favourite quote as well but I also love the one about peace and tbh there's lots more quotes I could add from this book that are so wonderful.

      Delete
  7. These are really great, empowering quotes <3 thanks for sharing

    Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/ya-shot-wrap-up-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the book but I like the quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely take a look at Alice In Wonderland as it's a great, funny book series! Totally worth it. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x